From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:33:16 -0600
John,

That's why I used a tuner in between the rig and the amp because sometimes
tuned inputs need to be retuned because that jump is seen when the power
goes from 100 to 1000 watts.

I ran an SB220 myself and I often had to fine tune, after tuning under 100
watts of drive, when I punched in the amp to over a KW.  Sometimes just the
RF generated in the room can effect the SWR although it is 1 to 1 when
running just the radio without the amp but you punch that amp, any amp, up
to full power, and it is going to generate extra RF in the room.

Phil.