From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:28:43 -0400
Harvey,

Your bank's ATM may be using a camera instead of a flatbed scanner, which
may partially account for the higher accuracy.  It will be interesting to
see whether the software can read handwriting reliably as well as perfectly.
In the case of your bank's ATM, , the software only has to deal with
numbers.  In the case of our reading software, the software has to analyze a
much broader range of text, which requires more resources, and may be much
more prone to errors.  For your sake, I hope your bank's ATM can get the
numbers right every time.

Steve