From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:53:49 -0400
    Robert:

I have taken both the regular CERT course, and the CERT Train The Trainer
class, and passed them both.

It's pretty straight forward, and if you have good instructors, they'll work
with you as a blind person.

During my CERT training, for example, I even got to put out a small fire
with a fire extinguisher. ... Some of the training staff were a bit
apprehensive about my trying, but a few of the more progressive trainers
said "Why not!", and helped me through it.

Just give it a try, and be assertive if you think you can do the exercises
they provide.  Tell them your abilities and limitations, and they should be
able to help you take it from there.

73 from tom Behler:  KB8TYJ