Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:54:28 -0400
Rick,

I don't have your particular tuner, so take this as general information.

Palstar recommends using alcohol to clean the roller inductor once or twice
a year.  Use a clean cloth, paper towel, Q-tips, or whatever.  Just be sure
that whatever you use  doesn't shed lint or debris that  will remain behind.

 The  roller is a silver plated wire wrapped around a form.   The silver
gets tarnished over time  and makes the roller noisy and can give erratic
operation.   Perhaps if yours is really cruddy, it may be giving you some of
the problems  that have been discussed here.

Open the cover, dampen your cloth with alcohol  and wipe the  inductor.
Turn the crank to get to all parts of it.

There is also a wheel or some other device that touches the inductor.
Clean this as well.

The little wheel or thing-a-ma-doo that contacts the inductor rides back and
forth along a rod or rail.    This rod has grease on it to let things slide
nicely.   Be sure not to get  any of this grease onto your cloth.    You
don't want to transfer this grease to the inductor.

Clean it up nice and it will sound better and work better.

73, Steve KW3A