Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Matthew Bullis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:18:57 -0700
Hello, for the past month and a half, I've been listening to the archives of
blindness magazine Playback, and I've just come across the review of the 202
from Radio Shack, and the reviewer goes through what's needed to get your
radio to transmit PL tones for a specific frequency. My question then is,
once you set that PL tone for that frequency, does it stay there until you
change it? He did say that you could use the memories of the radio, but I
will probably focus on a few repeaters here in Phoenix, once I figure out
what kind of traffic is on them. Does this mean that the radio, even after
being turned off, will remember the different tones set for each individual
frequency, without using the memory system within the radio? Also, I have a
list of PL tones from the Kenwood THF6a, a radio I was considering buying a
few years ago, but never did buy. Do these PL tones correspond with the ones
in the HTX models, so that I can count the knob twists? By the way, if you
were familiar with Playback magazine, and want to go to their archives,
they're at:
www.bluegrasspals.com/playback
Thanks a lot for any help.
Matthew