ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 29 May 2010 13:41:07 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Sandy and I are now using web phones.  I am receiving echurch mail on my
phone but so far, I haven't been able to send a message to the listserv to
reach the echurch-USA list.  There must be something I am doing wrong.  The
web phones allow full web service to the internet and the screen reader
software, along with a human quality voice, reads everything the phone can
do including text messaging.  You can download files as well.  These phones,
the HTC Ozone cell phone, we got through Sandy's cell phone plan where she
works so the phones were 29 dollars and mine was free.  We tried the Talks
software but then discovered the Mobile speak software works a million times
better on these cell phones.  It also uses a qwerty full keyboard so you
hunt and peck to type a message but the ozone phones have raised buttons
instead of a flat surface and it is much easier for me to type in a message
and to otherwise operate the phone.  You can also program the phone to run
via voice recognition.  You can, in affect, program just about every feature
to respond to your voice command.  I can also use it as a recording digital
device.  I record what I want to say, attach it to the email recipient, and
when they receive it on the other end, they can play my voice mail.  Also,
all the voice mail message people may leave you on the cell phone voice mail
system can be routed to your cell phone and stored.  That way you never have
to dial your own cell phone number for voice messages left to you but rather
you can just access them on the cell phone itself.  These are just a few
features the cell phone and Mobile Speak screen reading software has
available.  It is quite the learning curve for an old guy like me but it
sure has been fun.  Minutes are not subtracted from the cell service when
online with the internet so you can surf to your heart's content.  The
Mobile speak software will work on dozens, literally, dozens of other cell
phones.  This just happened to be the only phone Verizon had on which the
Mobile Speaks software would work.  The software costs $275 per phone but
that, in and of itself, is cheap compared to the 700 and 900 and 1,000
dollars plus for other software.  I've yet to have experienced a lock up
with the software.  Sandy has a blue tooth set up on her phone, too.
Anyhow, that's my report.

Phil.