From:
Pam Chisum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Chisum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:58:01 -0700

I emailed Con Agra foods about their Healthy Choice product line, since
Weight Watchers does list which of their frozen meals are gf.  Con Agra is
not willing to go that far, unfortunately, and if an ingredient is derived
from gluten, it will only state the source of it in parenthesis after the
ingredient, so we have to read the entire ingredient list every time.

September 24, 2009

Dear Ms. Chisum,

Thank you for your request for more information about the ingredients in our
Healthy Choice products.

Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee that our products ingredients
are gluten-free, since the source of an ingredient may change from time to
time.  We understand how difficult it can be finding foods that meet the
requirements of a restricted diet, and we continue to look for ways to meet
the dietary needs of our consumers.

Please be aware that although ConAgra Foods cannot certify products to be
gluten-free, we can assist you by affirming that a product has been
formulated without commonly known gluten containing ingredients.  The flour
used in our products is often wheat flour and should be avoided by
individuals with gluten sensitivities.  Some fermented or distilled
products, such as vinegar, may be derived from wheat.  We suggest you speak
wit h your physician to determine if you need to avoid distilled products
derived from wheat, rye, barley, or oats. We always advise consumers who may
have sensitivities to recheck the ingredient list on each package.  Products
are oftentimes reformulated and the ingredients may change.  If Natural
Flavors, Artificial Flavors, or Spices listed in the ingredients list
contain wheat, oat, barley, or rye, these ingredients would be listed in
parenthesis immediately following the ingredient.

We appreciate your patronage and value our consumers.  We hope you will
continue to enjoy our line of quality food.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Consumer Affairs

Ref:  052626617A