From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:55:57 -0700
Hi Jean,

When I see this type of behavior, I first check to see if there are
neighbors that have a wireless router also on the same channel. In the US,
there are 11 channels to choose from, and sometimes if you have two wireless
access points in the same vicinity on the same channel, the client computers
get confused over which one to connect to, or the interference causes
dropouts.

Using the wireless network manager, you can usually search for wireless
networks in range. If you see somebody eleses, then you should be able to
choose a different channel through your router setup.

Russ Poffenberger