From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:57:19 -0400
Steve,

Much as I like my 2000, I get very frustrated with the
almost-but-not-quite-there accessibility.  If I knew more about
reprogramming firmware, I'd make just a few simple changes that would turn
that radio into an accessibility powerhouse.  High/low beeps would be one
big one.  There are so many places where they could have done that, and they
didn't.  I suppose I shouldn't complain because the 2000 was one of
Kenwood's first attempts at accessibility, but once you've had the 480 and
the TM-V71A, it's hard to accept anything less.

Steve