From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:06:28 -0500
For the 950, I got it adjusted once through the menus.  I can't tell you now
how I did it.  I use the CS button, set to power output, so I can press CS,
adjust power with the VFO B knob, hold in the Menu button for a second to
lock in the new setting, and read RF Power on the bottom of the HRD display.
I have put a piece of dymo tape with a braille L on it on the VFO B knob,
which has no end stops, so I have a reference point.  It takes about 4
revolutions of the knob to get from 5 to 100 watts.  In short, I'm not using
HRD to set my power level, preferring to use the rig's buttons and controls.
If I ever find out how to reliably set a menu item, I'll report it on this
listserv.  It is already useful to be able to read the current status of any
menu item by means of HRD.

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls