From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:54:39 -0700
    Anthony:

Now that I think about it, you were the guy who sent me the Mac info before.
Thanks so much for sending it again, and I'll try not to loose it this time!
HI!  HI!

I do not want to belabor this "off topic" thread on the list, but I will say
that I am having enough trouble with Jaws 11, and am hearing all sorts of
problems with Jaws 11 and Windows 7, that I am re-thinking the idea of
looking more seriously at a Mac for our new home computer.  I can keep one
or two Windows machines handy for a while, while I try to learn the ins and
outs of using a Mac with their on-board speech screen reader.  Plus, the XYL
(who is sighted), seems very interested in the Mac.

I am simply getting increasingly frustrated with Freedom Scientific's Jaws
upgrades, and their inability or possibly unwillingness to support
Thunderbird e-mail and some of the other applications I now havbe to use
with my new job.

One big stumbling block for me that still exists regarding the Mac is
whether my Duxbury Braille translation software, and Juliet Pro 60 embosser
will work with a Mac, and that may actually end up being a deciding factor
against the Mac, at least for me.

Will see what happens.

I want to thank everyone for tolerating this "off topic" post on the list
here, and I won't carry the thread any further, unless I find out something
that may benefit others.

Happy New Year to all, and thanks once again for a great, friendly, and
informative list!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ