From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:43:39 -0700
Hi, all.

Well, I've been reading the mail on everyone's thoughts regarding our
cross-country blind ops net, and I've come up with a proposal.

Here goes:

Why don't we try two things this week-end?

Rather than having our usual  formal 40-meter net, why don't we try doing a
20-meter test on Sunday afternoon, and a 75-meter test later Sunday evening?

As for the 20-meter test on Sunday afternoon, let's try 2000 Z.  I am
thinking that this time would allow us the best chance to hear the greatest
number of people.

Then, how about if we do our 75-meter test Sunday evening at our usual net
time of 0100 Z.

I am not sure what frequencies to suggest, so if someone could help monitor
20 meters during the days, and 75 during the evenings, maybe we can make an
informed frequency choice.

My only complication for the week-end is that Sunday afternoon, I may have
some help getting my ground rod installed at the home QTH, and I really
don't want to turn that help away, since the weather will be warming up
substantially by then.  Nevertheless, even if I can't be there, you guys
could go ahead and do the test, and report on what you found.

What does everyone think?

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ