From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 03:45:52 -0700
a true mobile, no.
allot of bass radios sold as mobiles, but that most people wouldn't use as
mobile because they're too big and really not designed with a mobile
operator in mind.
The only mobile HF rig that kenwood really has, or did have, was the ts50
which doesn't have the speech chip.

Icom and yaesu have the market right now on mobile radios that include all
of what you were looking for.
The IC 7000 has all of that including the voice chip, and the Icom
IC706mkIIG has all of that as well.
The yaesu ft857D also has most of what you want, minus the voice chip.
Also radios like the FT100, ft897 are designed as realistic mobile radios.
the ts2000 can have a remote head attached which makes it more feasible for
mobile use, but that is an extra cost on top of the initial cost of the
radio.
I would like to see kenwood come out with a compact mobile shack in a box
with all the features of the ts2000 in a mobile package.

73
Colin, V A6BKX