From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:23:15 -0600
yaesu HT's are actually some of the best out there as far as performance and
features.
They're just not as accessible to use for blind people as Icom's or kenwoods
currently are.
the vx series are really great little HT's.
as for the HF rigs, and the mobile radios...well, that is another kettle of
fish altogether.
I too am surprised none of the big 3 have come out with a radio that uses
touch screen technology either in a bass radio or an HT.
If they do, I suspect they will be easy enough to navigate once a tactile
screen cover is developed.
would certainly cut down on moving parts and problems with buttons and knobs
that rigs tend to develop.
Maybe apple will try it's hand in the radio communications market next and
we'll have an I radio or Icommunicator hi hi.

73
Colin, V A6BKX