Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:36:00 -0400
Hi;
Do the phones in question allow you to access your address book and instant messages?
I have a very basic non friendly cell phone from t mobile but wonder of wonders I can make a call and actually answer it.
As for the i phone, I'm holding out for my sister in law to upgrade and play with hers.  Much cheaper that way.  Just watching her use her older i phone, it almost gets used like a laptop.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Scott
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 10:47 AM
  Subject: Cell Phones

      Richard,

     A T and T and Verizon phones work out of the box with out your having to
  buy a speech program.  Years ago when I was with Cingular, I was dumb enough
  to purchase a Nokia I think the model number was 6620, and Talks software,
  for over 400 dollars, with a 100 dollar rebate, which I never liked.
  However, I think at that time it was a little more user friendly.
     About the time I went with Jitterbug, a guy called me and ask if I would
  sell him my Nokia, which I joyfully did for 100 dollars.  Jitterbug was all
  right but the only thing that was better was the Cell phone , and that was
  just because of the buttons. The Verizon phone I have now is easier to use
  and has more features than any one I have ever had.

  KF5UB Richard