From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:59:36 -0700
I took a couple direct hits when I was back in Kansas.  I had one of those
fuse boxes with screw in fuses like we use to use that turned off the
power to the station desk.  It blew the lid open on that box and literally
blew the fuses out on the desk.  I had a dial telephone and it quit.  When
I took it apart, it looked fine, but when I looked at the little jumper
wires on the block inside, there was no coper, just insulation with spade
lugs on each end.  A friend was driving by my house at the time and he
happened to glance toward my tower, and he said it was a giant ball of
fire.  I lost all kinds of radio stuff.  The strange part of that was I
had unplugged everything and thought the storm was gone so had hooked
stuff back up.  One of those that came out of the back of the cloud that
got me.
73
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr