From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:46:15 -0600
yep, the ts2000 has great finals for the VHF and UHF PA. that radio will
perk along at 100 watts on VFH all day if you want it to.
it has a good sized chassis wich acts as a great heat sync for those hot
transistors.
most mobile radios just don't have enough heat sync to take away the
transistors heat and therefore most have circuits to pull the power back or
shut the radio down when it gets too hot.  The ts2000, unless you are
operating in really hot weather without AC, will get rid of most of the heat
through the very efficient fan and the massive heat sync.
now if that radio was a yaesu, it would probably go into some sort of major
melt down after 5 mins at 100 watts like the mobile radios do after 3
minutes at 50 watts.
that said, the TM V7A doesn't have very good heat dispersal either and you
can't run it in cross band on 50 watts for very long without the top
becoming hot enough, literally, to fry an egg.
73
Colin, V A6BKX