From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 21:50:54 -0400
Richard,

I bought a used HF-6V with kits for extra bands about 15 years ago and have
had it up and down several times at 2 different locations, in both ground
mounted and above ground installations.

If you are able to ground mount it with a good radial system, the factory
settings  should get you in the ballpark right off the bat.    The more you
deviate  from the desired installation, by roof or tower mount, proximity to
metal objects, poor ground, etc; the more complicated tuning will be.

Even in the best of situations, the manual says that the antenna will need
to be raised and lowered several times to  make tuning adjustments.

The manual also says that in above ground installations the resonant
frequency  will be somewhat higher and the 10 meter section will need to be
extended 6 inches  beyond factory settings and the 15 meter wire extended by
3 inches.

I think the 9V is basically the same antenna and you should see similar
stuff in your manual.

As for putting it together:  It's a real Rube  Goldberg contraption and you
should allow yourself several hours.   Be sure to use the anti oxide
compound on all joints and connections and be careful with the capacitors.
There are several ceramic capacitors which can be easily damaged and are
expensive to replace.
  During a move 12 years ago the 30 meter cap was broken and  I think
replacement is around $36.    The caps for the 40 and 80 meter sections are
much larger and more expensive.

73, good luck, Steve KW3A