From:
Portia Iversen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 17:05:16 -0800

My 2 1/2 year old son who is very gluten intolerant loves Poppetts, a
cereal made for Erewhon by US Mills. The ingredients are brown rice,
maple syrup, lemon and orange flavor, annatto and tumeric powder for
coloring. US Mills, after checking with the suppliers of the various
ingredients said that the flavorings were steam derived and that the
coloring was gluten free. I found recent postings re: annatto interesting
because my son gets "addicted" to Poppets which always makes me suspicious
and he turns red when he eats them. I wonder if the annatto powder does
have gluten? Anyone else experience this with Poppets or annatto coloring?
                                -Portia