From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:36:13 -0500

Many people with celiac disease have found that they are B12 deficient. It
isn't easy, though, because current standard of care that relies on a B12
blood test misses 50% of B12 deficiency. If your blood level of B12 is below
800, most nutritionists will agree that you need more B12. Lab standards
currently say anything above 200 is okay. Not so! A test for MMA blood
levels will help diagnose your deficiency and is a good test to have in
conjunction with the B12 blood level test:
http://www.active-b12.com/b12-deficiency/diagnosis/laboratory-tests.php

If you have b12 deficiency, within hours you will find relief when you start
the  B12 regimen. The day I started the proper supplements (I was taking the
wrong one for a year), I felt better immediately. Less anxious, more energy,
even more confident and happy.

The shots are good, but I have read that getting sublingual methylcobalimin
has been found to be just as useful as getting B12 shots.

You have to be careful! Not all sublingual B12 is methylcobalimin. Some of
it is cyanocobalamin and that is not going to help you if you have
pernicious anemia, the cause of most B12 deficiency.

If you eat meat, dairy or eggs on a daily basis you get way more B12 in your
diet than you need. If you are still showing low B12 levels that means your
body isn't able to utilize the natural form that comes in foods
(cyanocobalamin) and you need to take methylcobalamin (like what's in your
shots). I get mine online at Wonder Labs or at Whole Foods.

BEWARE! There is a B12 product called "NO SHOT" that is cyanocobalamin. This
will NOT help!

--
Kit Kellison
314-600-5254