C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:53:18 -0500
From: Cerebrum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: December 19, 2011 09:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science - December 2011

Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science
December 2011

Dear Cerebrum Reader,
A new article in Cerebrum's 2011 web edition is now available.

Social Neuroscience: How a Multidisciplinary Field Is Uncovering the Biology of Human Interactions
By John T. Cacioppo, Ph.D., and Stephanie Ortigue, Ph.D.

Studying only the biological or social aspects of a species can cause researchers to overlook many of the complex elements at work within and among organisms. The interdisciplinary field of social neuroscience serves to close the gaps left by such singularly focused research. Social neuroscientists boost our knowledge of the biology of animal and human interactions in areas as diverse as drug abuse, pair-bonding, and social isolation. As the field continues to grow, we will better understand the social, biological, and cognitive factors that determine how we relate to others.

Also in Cerebrum
We hope you enjoyed our recent article, "Optogenetics: Using Light to Control the Brain" by Edward S. Boyden, Ph.D. This and all 1998-2011 articles and book features are available in our Web edition archive.

On the Dana Website
Now available on Dana.org: "Neuroscience and the Law" looks into what can and cannot be predicted from a brain scan. Also, "Tracking the Tracts: Rare Disease Yields Clues to Early Myelin Development" discusses how better diagnostic methods for babies with Krabbe disease could improve the treatment of infants with this and other movement disorders before the onset of visible symptoms.

Cerebrum - Opinion on brain science that can change your mind
212-223-4040
http://www.dana.org/news/cerebrum/
Follow Dana on Twitter: @dana_fdn

Update Your Profile, Subscriptions, or E-mail Address
Unsubscribe instantly by sending an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]
To change your e-mail address go to: www.dana.org/membership/profile.aspx
Privacy Policy
The Dana Foundation | 505 Fifth Ave, 6th floor | New York | NY | 10017