From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 23:55:13 -0400
Hi Terri, Only have experience with the Icom IC-t90A, of the radios you
mentioned.
The t90 will only do FM on six meters, so you will miss out on a whole bunch
of activity, as much of it is SSB, CW, and AM, There is some FM, but it
varries by area.
and there are radios which will do more modes than that, and are accessible.
But the t90 is pretty easy to program from its' keypad, and yes changing pl
tones is almost a piece of cake with the t90.  That radio won't talk/voice
wise, but of course will give the frequency in Morse.Don't know about any of
the programming software with the t90, as I've never used it.  Sorry I can't
give you more but that's it for those radios.
The little six meter monobander by MFJ, the 9406 is a good little radio, for
SSB, and there's a CW module that's in some of them.  It's very simple to
operate, but you'd need an Mcount or some other frequency counting device to
help you know exactly where you're transmitting.
Another way you might consider going, is via a six meter transverter through
an already accessible HF rig if you have one.  But I Digress.  Any way I can
help?  Let me know, thanks, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.