From:
foxfire62 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
foxfire62 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:59:44 -0500

Original question:  While recovering, has anyone else experience constant
burping and/or lowering of blood pressure or a feeling of pressure in the
esophagus that feels like you might soon pass out?

Constant burping sounds like it could be bacterial overgrowth.

You need a probiotic.

My daughter was diagnosed with vaso depressor syncope when she was 12 and CD
at 16...she is a tiny little thing that burps like a truck driver(on Zegrid)
and she has been on midodrine for the low BP for 10 years now. A
cardiologist diagnoses the VDS...she also has ehlers danlos syndrome type
3/4 which means hypermobile joints, fragile skin and laxity in her blood
vessels....all these conditions seem to be connected..along with the
migraine headaches...celiac disease seems to always be more than just
trouble with gluten.

I understand and sympathize. Even though the villi heal, and we ultimately
do feel much better, when we were eating gluten, we were beating our bodies
up from the inside out. Threw things out of whack. So it takes time to
recover. Some damage..like no tooth enamel, never recovers. Who knows if my
reflux is related to celiac. I just know if I get glutened, that's my first
reaction. You should look up low-glycemic foods or get a cookbook for
diabetics. Low-glycemic foods, eaten throughout the day (4-5 small meals)
will stabilize blood sugar and keep you from feeling faint. Grapefruit is
good, and as long as I don't have a lot of it, the acid doesn't bother me.
Sweet potatoes are better than white potatoes.  White rice and corn, our
staples, are high glycemic and spike your blood sugar. I should mention that
I had another reason for fainting, and I'm not the only one. Reactions to
chemicals in the air can cause it.

I forgot about Candida. Years ago, there was a health personality on radio
out of NYC. He was big on getting tested for Candida, for a lot of symptoms.

Carlton Fredericks, I think might have been his name. I also heard about it,
I'm pretty sure, from another health guru, Jim Corea, also on radio, out of
NJ. Corea had a gym near my home (maybe a chain of them) and a huge
mail-order vitamin business. Both guys are now deceased.Can't hurt being on
complex carbs.Dairy can also cause gas. Some folks get gas from eating red
meat.

FWIW, I get this after years of strict GF, but only at times of emotional
turmoil.  For example:  disagreements with significant other, highly
emotional moments at work (I am a vet, so this might be when telling someone
we cannot help their horse) etc.  I don't ever actually get too dizzy to be
safe or pass out, just a feeling like that.  When I first noticed it I
really hated it, but now I try to just notice it, acknowledge to myself why
I find the situation emotionally stressful and then consciously improve my
emotional coping mechanisms.  For me this makes the episode pass faster.  My
doctor did not have much insight on the problem when I asked her.

Maybe soy or corn?? Nuts? I'm thinking a food allergy or sensitivity that
you might not be aware of.

If your blood pressure is dropping dangerously low, that's a medical
emergency. Low blood pressure can be due to many things - gastrointestinal,
or heart-related. If it isn't dropping, but has gotten low, you need medical
help.

Here is a website with 90 possible causes of belching:
http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/belching-all.htm

I do have a feeling like I'm going to faint but I feel it in the top of my
stomach area, I feel much better when I avoid sugars and carbohydrates like
bread, muffins, pasta, cereal, cookies etc.  I think it's caused by not
digesting carbs properly.  I'm not sure if my blood pressure goes down but I
definitely feel like I'm going to faint, when that weird felling occurs. I
do burp and it seems to relieve pressure and I think the throbbing feeling
in my intestines is gas buildup but I feel this strange sensation right
below my ribs in the middle...I always thought that was my intestines but it
could be esophagus, I'm not sure..