From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:12:53 -0500

As some of you know, we have had peacocks free ranging at Chicken Paradise
Bed & Breakfast (www.chickenparadise.com )for about five years.  Last spring
Theo flew the coop, and left Cleo sitting on the nest hatching her annual
eggs.  We waited a few months to see if he would return, but no luck.  We
traded Cleo and one chick for a new male so we had to put the two of them
together in the covered aviary until they "bonded."  Our new Theo was very
nervous after his 100 mile transport here in the back of a pickup so we felt
it would be best to be patient with him.

Now we have finally let them out, and it is so much fun to watch them
explore their new, bigger world.  The new Cleo has been showing the new Theo
around.  He insists on roosting on the potting shed roof, instead of in one
of the trees where Cleo prefers to be.  (Do you think separate roosts will
be a bad thing?)  Theo has discovered his reflection in the the big windows,
and likes to stand there for hours looking at himself.  Cleo hangs around
for a while, but then gets bored and wanders off.  When they get separated,
they call to each other.  It reminds me of that game the kids play in the
pool.... Marco.... Polo....

We have had record heat here in San Antonio this summer, which is probably
one of the reasons we have had so many summer visitors.  We are one of the
few B&Bs in town with a pool, and I am pretty sure ours is the largest of
all the B&Bs.  Add an outdoor shower to the picture, plus a large gluten
free breakfast, and you begin to see why we are so popular.  We are happy to
be your celiac concierges while you stay with us, and can tell you the best
places to go eat  GF lunch and dinner.  Don't wait too long to call or
e-mail us.

Recently this review written by Tiffany Janes, Travel Examiner, was seen
on-line.  If you missed it, you might like to read it and see the pictures
at http://www.examiner.com/x-15799-GlutenFree-Travel-Examiner or
http://www.examiner.com/x-15799-GlutenFree-Travel-Examiner~y2009m7d25-Gluten
free-BB-in-San-Antonio-offers-exceptional-service

Meanwhile, we look forward to some cooler weather before long.  Come see us
and we will turn the island breezes on for you.

Anne and Joe Barfield
San Antonio, Texas
 <http://www.chickenparadise.com/> www.chickenparadise.com
210 340-0648