From:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:48:38 -0500

Hi all.

After having spent the past 5 and 1/2 hours contacting pharmacies and
manufacturer's, trying to identify a safe antibiotic for my daughter,
I am ready to pull my hair out.

The doctor prescribed amoxil for my celiac daughter...no one carries
it or can even order it.  It seems only generic formulations are
available and I am yet to find one that is gluten free.  So I called
the doctor back and he switched the script to CEFDINIR by Teva.  But
the pharmacist is unwilling/unable to help me determine if it is
gluten free and the company is closed for the day.  Meanwhile, my
daughter just sits patiently waiting for what should be an easy
remedy...it is maddening.  I'm sure I am not the first, or sadly, the
last to experience this.  Though it is a first for us.  I have checked
clan thompson smart list, gluten free med website, teva website, etc.

If anyone has had any experience with this medication, Cefdinir, or
knows of a website that might offer some info regarding it's safety
for a celiac child, I would be SO very grateful!

Thanks so much!

Kim in PA

*******
*******