Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:26:14 -0500

Thanks for all the great answers.  I have listed them briefly and all are things I will check out this week since I leave on Saturday.

Someone wrote and said the Marriott chain has a gluten free menu.  Will check that out for sure.

There is also Whole Foods in Tampa and lots of restaurants...PF Changs, etc.

The Publix supermarket chain (all over FLA) seemed to carry a fair amount of gf foods when we were there.
Also a health food store in the Clearwater area (maybe 30 minutes
from Tampa?) called something like "The Health Nut" - it had a great
selection of gf stuff and was much cheaper than what we pay for food at home
(I'm in DC). This would be good if I had a car. I will talk to my friend's daughter aboutt this one.

On Tampa Street a couple of blocks from your hotel is First Watch and they have a gluten free menu. At the intersection of Dale Mabry and I 275 South is Wild Oats. Will check that one out.

This one sounds like something I could definitely use.
http://www.viitals.com/

The Columbia restaurant in Tampa has a pretty good gf menu but I don't think it's in the area where you're staying. I've not been to Tampa since going gf but we ate at the Columbia in Sarasota earlier this year and I know all locations have the gf menu now.

This was a great suggestion that I guess I have to get right on: Whenever we travel I take meals from www.gopicnic.com. They hever several gf shelf stable meals/snacks in a box. I take the food out of the box to make it easier to pack. Good luck!

Thanks to all.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
-Anonymous