From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:27:54 -0600
There are already nets for all disabilities.
However, most nets serve a very specific purpose, and are therefore not
clicky.
Do we complain because the hawaiian net was originally setup to get hawaiian
operators together, or do we participate because we know that as with all
nets, with the exception of emergency nets, that we are free and encouraged
to participate no matter who or where we are?
Having a "blind hams" net is fine because it is already self evident that it
isn't "only" for blind ham operators, that anyone can check in and
participate, and therefore, is not clickish at all.
and if it does become clickish, well that is ok because the whole purpose of
the net is specifically to bring together blind hams, not because we have a
disability necesarily, but because we have some common ground.  We don't
have that same common ground with persons with other disabilities.  And if a
blind ham has other disabilities, then there are other nets for those
disabilities to have fun with.
We have a variety of fun and interesting nets because they are set up for
specific things, not umbrella's trying to cover everything for the sake of
political correctness.
73
Colin, V A6BKX