Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:10:30 -0600
I think the point of diminishing returns, at least for 160, is 128 quarter
wave radials.
I read a really good article on this from a Hawaiian ham club online...don't
remember the URL unfortunately.
Anyway, they went into detail about some  experiments, as well as some
experiences from setting up a low power AM broadcast station.
If a person has the property required to set up 128 equally spaced quarter
wave radials on 160, then I say all the power to them.
I've heard of guys laying chicken wire down before land scaping their
property to create a better ground.
If you had a tower in the middle of a couple achers and were going to land
scape the whole thing, I suppose it might be wize to spend the extra money
to lay a few thousand feet of chicken wire down.
Going a little beyond reasonable though I would think hi.
I think building yourself a man made lake of say 3 achers, and installing a
big tower right in the middle would create a pretty decent ground.  Might be
tricky getting to the tower  to install anything, but fun none the less.
73
Colin, V A6BKX