VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:37:10 -0500
Any writers here?  Better yet, any writers here who blog, who are also tech
geeks?  This isn't exactly a 'job' but it is a regularly paying gig for
writers.  $25 per 400 word posts isn't so bad.  ;-)

Write Away, Right Away!
Everett
www.DreamingInTandem.Blogspot.com

Found in the Writing-World.com e-zine:
ToMuse.com seeks bloggers $25 per post
See site for details http://tomuse.com/writers/

And that link includes the following information:

Write For UsPosted by Kevin Eklund    May 21st 2009

Are you a computer geek? Are you addicted to the internet? Do you use sites
like Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg and visit websites like Mashable,
Lifehacker, or TechCrunch on a daily basis? Are you an expert in your field
and have something important to say about the web? Are you a blog owner that
would like to increase awareness of your blog? Are you a entrepreneur and
would like to shine some light on your tech startup? Do you have some
insight about online trends or web products that could be formed into a
great article to share with all our readers here?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above then you could be a writer
for ToMuse! We are always looking for experienced writers who are passionate
about stuff like internet startups, cool new websites, Firefox addons,
internet tools, computer accessories, software, gadgets, blogging, WordPress
plugins, WordPress themes, mobile applications, web applications, and social
websites. Check out our requirements/benefits for writers and fill out the
application below. We look forward to hearing from you!

Requirements For Writers

Posts must be original pieces written for ToMuse
Articles cannot be republished
Each article submitted should be at least 400 words in length
You should be available online often and respond to emails and instant
messages in a timely manner
You should have a GTalk account and know how to use it
You should be okay with us editing your work and offering constructive
suggestions/criticisms
You should have a great sense of humor and be willing to help others when
needed
You should be a very active in responding to readers comments about your
articles on ToMuse
You should keep us up-to-date with your progress

Benefits For Writers

Monetary compensation of $25 per post (depending on length, richness, and
usefulness) plus performance bonuses if your article becomes really popular
on sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, or Hacker News. In that case we
will reward you accordingly. We value excellent work and we are committed to
being as generous as our budget allows.
You get full credit for your post and an author profile page to display
links to your own website and social profiles (i.e. Twitter, Facebook,
LinkedIn, etc.)
We add a link to your website or blog at the bottom of every one of your
articles that's published here
We will actively promote your site wherever and whenever possible
You will receive full editorial support to ensure your post looks great and
reads well
The potential to receive pay increases and join ToMuse full-time after
consistently demonstrating your ability to write well and fulfill your
requirements as a writer

ToMuse Writer Application

Your Full Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Blog or Website (required)
Twitter Username or Social Profile (required)
Tell us about yourself (required)
What sites do you read/visit most often? (required)
Have you written any articles before? If so, add the links to a few of those
articles below (required)
Tell us what kinds of things you would like to write about (required)

If you can't see the application form above, please contact us to let us
know. Thanks!