AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emilie Songolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:02:00 -0600
Much of the work needed to engender social justice for gays and lesbians in Africa must begin with lawmakers that have criminalize the sexual lives of gays and lesbians in  many African countries. What happened to Mr. Kato is a sad statement on our societies. This is probably not an isolated case. The African map at the link below shows how far we have to go for gay rights in many African countries.
 http://www.arcusfoundation.org/socialjustice/what_we_support/international/international_sogi_rights_map

--Emilie

--
Emilie Ngo-Nguidjol Songolo
Social Science and Francophone Studies Bibliographer

Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 608-265-4740
Fax: 608-265-2754
http://www.library.wisc.edu/