AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vera Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 09:35:59 -0500

Finally. Africa needs to get China out of there, pronto. Africa does not need help building roads, railways or opening businesses. Is there anything that Africans can not do; is there a resource that Africa does not have? And yes, I am putting all the nations together because in the end, you only have each other, those in the diaspora, and African-Americans (yes, we really do care).

What Africa should do, and most of you will not agree with this, is to create a partnership with an entity who will not only not exploit Africa, but will help improve the economic outlook.

Yep. You know who I'm talking about...Walmart. Look at what WM has done for Mexico. WM has had to help China build roads to create an infrastructure that will support their distribution network.

Also, WM uses workers from the country they are in...they do not import thousands of workers. They create ties to the communities and the local economies and because they use local suppliers whenever possible, they increase sales and services in other industries. Their management training programs help people with social mobility.

Somebody needs to pitch this to them & see if they bite.

--
~ 49.5 million US abortions since 1973; ~ 18 million Black babies aborted since 1973; ~ 5.6 million abortions in Africa between 1995-2003; ~ 12 million Africans sold into slavery between 15th - 19th centuries; ~ 2 million Africans died during Middle Passage (number uncertain).