From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:20:21 -0700

Thank you so much for all the replies I received!  I am always overwhelmed by the support I get from the list.  Thanks again!  I really can’t express enough how much I appreciate it!

Close to the train station:

You can walk to Salseria (a Mexican restaurant) in the Sears Tower which is just a few blocks away from Union Station.  Or you can take a cab to the Greek Islands (which is on Adams/Halsted) and only about 5 minutes away in a cab.

I eat the chicken fajitas at Salseria (no beans, extra rice) and LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  You can also have the chips, salsa and guacamole.
Check out their website:  www.salseria.com   Click on "Online Order" then click on "Start Order" to check out their menu.

You can walk to Blackie's, which has delicious hamburgers (without the bun) - about 2 blocks away from Union Station.

The Chicago Summary, in order of recommendations (but a taxi is a must from the train station):

Wildfire
Da Lucinano at 8343 W. Grand Ave in River Grove (not Chicago)  708-453-1000
Weber Grill
P.F. Chang's
dining room at the Aquarium (not the food court) just go early!
Bistro 110 (so helpful and delicious! - The chef has children with Celiac + allergies)
The Drake Hotel (very helpful)
Ruth's Chris Steak House

Recommended websites:
http://csagc.park-ridge.il.us/restaurantlist.html