From:
Constance Sheriff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Constance Sheriff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:54:13 -0700

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with some information/advice. I am recently diagnosed with celiac disease (late March/09), but the doctor feels that I have been living with it for many, many years. It seemed to get much worse after a very serious cycling accident. My main symptoms were constant stomach upset, and overwhelming fatigue. I went from being super-fit, exercising 2-3 hours a day to barely being able to raise my arms. As a result of a lack of exercise I also gained 40lbs while my doctor and I searched for a diagnosis (depression was the most frequent suggestion, despite my assurances that I wasn't depressed). Unfortunately, it took a year to discover that celiac disease was the culprit.

I've been on the diet for 3 months now, and have 2 issues:
1. How long should it take before I start feeling my old energy level again? Will I? I feel somewhat more energetic than I did, but still need a nap most days, and find it really hard to exercise more than an hour at a time.
2. My dietician told me that I would start losing weight once I started on the diet, but I haven't seen that happen yet either.

My question is, am I simply being impatient, and time will restore these things, or am I doing something wrong that is preventing me from feeling significantly better?

Thanks for your help.
 Constance