VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pereira Family <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pereira Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2009 21:53:43 -0500
Hello Marcia:

You can try two things. First run Check Disk. You can do this from the
properties of your hard drive. Get there through My Computer or Windows
Explorer. You can call up Windows Explorer by holding down the Windows
Key and pressing the letter E.

Right click, or press the context menu/Menu Key on your hard drive. Then
press control+Tab to get to the tools property sheet. From there you can
run a check disk and make sure that the automatically fix errors is
checked.

You will need to reboot and it will take a little longer to get to the
screen.

Now there is a pretty good chance this will not correct your error.
Therefore, the next thing I would recommend is getting a Windows XP Home
edition boot CD. Then go through the menus to do a repair.

If you are not able to read the screen, you will need sighted
assistance. The Windows 2000 Boot CD did a better job, but you can also
get this done with Windows XP.

Vic

Pereira Family

Archived on the World Wide Web at