From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:30:32 -0800
Coconut butter is finely ground coconut, on the analogy of peanut or almond butter.  As such it has everything the whole coconut does.  Coconut milk would be a whole food if you drank the milk and ate the stuff you strained out.

My personal take - and this is just the way my appetite works - if I can't chew it, it's not food.  I use unstrained coconut milk made from coconut butter and water in puddings and porridges, but I don't drink it because I find it much less satisfying than something solid.

Andrea