VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Jody W. Ianuzzi" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jody W. Ianuzzi
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:34:18 -0400
From Amazon:

We're writing to give you an update on Kindle initiatives relevant to blind
and vision-impaired users.

A new, free software update is now available for Kindle. Vision-impaired
customers will benefit from two new larger font sizes and font enhancements
that improve the clarity of the text for a more comfortable reading
experience. The largest font available is now more than twice the size of
the previous largest font.

This software update will be available shortly on all newly shipped Kindle
devices and will be delivered wirelessly to all existing devices except 1st
generation Kindles. Learn more about the features
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=L7HF1NQQ6QXW&C=1AMLZEETTUPW4&H=RDGSXEYGRK
T8RVAE6HOIAOXP32CA&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2Fcustomer%
2Fdisplay.html%2Fref%3Dpe_81240_15999320_hp_navbox_krec_su%3FnodeId%3D200324
680>  included in this update.

We're committed to addressing the needs of blind and vision-impaired
customers and we'll send updates to this list as new, relevant features
become available.

Sincerely,
The Kindle Team

C 2010 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Amazon, the
Amazon a logo, the AmazonKindle logo, Kindle, and Whispersync are trademarks
of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Amazon.com, 410 Terry Avenue, North, Seattle, WA 98109. Reference: 15999320

Please note that this message was sent to the following e-mail address:

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=L7HF1NQQ6QXW&C=1AMLZEETTUPW4&H=ILSKGUULQK
0BOXYDHBQUDR9S2VIA&T=E&U=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.amazon.com%2Fimages%2FG%2F01%2F
nav%2Ftransp.gif>

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]