Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:22:09 -0700
Interesting thread.
If it was summarized, we might say that for the vast majority of users,
you can't use two connections  simultaneously without a whole lot of
geeky tweaking that's of use only to the most hard-core users.
Desktops with WiFi are very common because many homes have multiple
computers that can't easily be wired. (My roommate's desktop computer
has been been wireless for many years because it's on the second floor
and running Ethernet would be a huge hassle.)
Wireless printers are usually network printers, so there's no need to
have WiFi to use them.