From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:57:31 -0400
> From: Nicole Renee Markee <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:55:42 -0400
>
> Maybe you are already aware of this, but there's a loooooong discussion of this diet
> over on Active Low-Carbers.:   http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=394198
>
> A lot of people have experimented with it over there.  This thread has a clean
> summary at the beginning:  http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=394793
>
> -Nicole
Thanks very much Nicole. This is very helpful indeed. The summary you refer to indicates that Kwasniewski's diet focuses on the causes of obesity and in eliminating obesity. I am now a little less interested in the Optimal Diet, but will still read the book.

I am really looking forward to Art DeVany's New Evolution Diet coming out in December, because his focus is not on pathologies but on health and wellbeing. We are all (well, almost all) born as Palaeolithic babies in fine good health. I really want to find out how to maintain this health right from the beginning in our children, through adolescence, adulthood and old age. To do this we need to know what to do and also what not to do, but I prefer the starting point of a healthy organism in a health environment, not the starting point of middle age after 40 or more years of all sorts of assaults on the organism, and dealing with some of the accumulating and mutually reinforcing symptoms of these repeated assaults. This requires some understanding of evolution, genetics and epigenetics and Art DeVany is up to the task.

It is this approach that lies behind my own website and that is laid out clearly on my page on the Evolutionary Health Principle:

http://www.evfit.com/ev_health_principle.htm

Keith