From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:19:35 -0600
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:01:23 -0600, Larry Magee <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I'm thinking of
> adding a little sea salt to the diet as an experiment, perhaps about 500
> mg
> per day.  I live in texas and sweat quite a bit for about an hour a day
> while exercising outside this time of year.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions or experiences to share about adding a little salt to the
> diet?
IMHO, regardless of what Cordain says, salt is a necessity for the human
metabolism.  The paleolithic people's salt trade routes were very
extensive.
In Europe, cities were built near salt mines, because of the wealth that
could be made from salt (ex. Salzburg).  This was not just because of the
"taste".
It is true that the more animal food you eat, the less salt you need
(because the
meat contains it); conversely, the more grains you eat, the more
desperately
you need that sodium.

	Lynnet