T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:09:48 -0400
Hello, all.

Well, as you know, I'm in the midst of preparing for our move out to
Colorado, and am doing antenna shopping when I have a few moments between
packing, etc.

I will be leaving my antenna farm here in Michigan, and moving to a small
ranch home with a rather small back yard that does have some trees for a
wire antenna.  Fortunately, the landlord we'll be renting from has no
problems with my putting up at least some minimal antennas.

For vhf/uhf, I think I'll be going with the Diamond X200A.  That antenna has
performed very well at several County EOC's in my area here in Michigan, so
I think I'll just go with that out there.

As for HF, though, I'm in a bit of a quandry. ...  Some have suggested the B
and W d-90 folded dipole.  We actually have one of those up at a County EOC
in our area, and it always seemed to perform rather well.  However, if you
look at e-ham reviews, the picture isn't that optimistic.  The antenna
simply doesn't get the greatest reviews--I'd call them mediocre at best.
And, the antenna is quite pricy.

Someone in my local club here suggested that I take a look at the Alpha
Delta DXCC multi-band dipole.  The e-ham reviews are much better for that
model, and the price is more affordable.  So, I need to tap into the wisdom
out there for any opinions/recommendations.

Keep in mind that in my new housing situation, my space will be very
limited, and to get an 80-90-foot dipole put up may be a task, but I think
it can be done with a little creativity.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ