AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vera Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 06:26:32 -0500

                      AAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

                     Saturday, November 14, 6:30 pm

                      GOODMAN COMMUNITY CENTER

                         149 Waubesa St. Madison

                  http://www.africanassociation.org

John, I don't think these people want anything to do with the gov't at
all. They probably don't vote & I would hazard a guess & say that even
extreme right-wingers aren't growing pot & making crystal meth. The
base? Honestly, John. You don't really believe that, do you?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2009, at 10:31 AM, John Stafford Anderson <[log in to unmask]
 > wrote:

>                     AAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
>
>                    Saturday, November 14, 6:30 pm
>
>                     GOODMAN COMMUNITY CENTER
>
>                        149 Waubesa St. Madison
>
>                 http://www.africanassociation.org

> Right?  And where is the mention of the calls to violence towards
> the government by certain rightist talking heads?  These people
> truly represent "the base:"  those who could benefit most from a
> public health care option, but are most vehemently against it.
>
> John
>

> On Sep 25, 2009, at 12:49 PM, VERA R CROWELL wrote:
>
>> ********************************************************
>>
>>                     AAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
>>
>>                    Saturday, November 14, 6:30 pm
>>
>>                     GOODMAN COMMUNITY CENTER
>>
>>                        149 Waubesa St. Madison
>>
>>                 http://www.africanassociation.org
>>
>> ********************************************************
>>
>> How exactly can one accidentally put a rope around one's neck and
>> hang oneself from a tree after accidentally writing 'fed' on one's
>> chest? They don't 'know' if it's murder????
>>
>> ******************************
>> "In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand
>> carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
>> This took a great deal of time."

>>> for mistrusting government that dates back to the days of
>>> moonshiners
>>> and "revenuers."
>>>
>>> But the investigation has yet to determine whether the death of the
>>> 51-year-old part-time schoolteacher represents real anti-government
>>> sentiment. At this point, police cannot say whether Bill Sparkman's
>>> death was a homicide, an accident or even a suicide.
>>>
>>> "We are not downplaying the significance of his position with the
>>> U.S.
>>> Census bureau," said Capt. Lisa Rudzinski, commander of the Kentucky
>>> State Police post in London . "We can assure the public we are
>>> looking
>>> at every possible aspect of Mr. Sparkman's death."
>>>
>>> But locals are already bracing for suggestions that the killing was
>>> the result of anti-government sentiment in the mountains. It does
>>> not
>>> help that the death occurred in impoverished Clay County , one of
>>> the
>>> poorest in the country with an unemployment rate of 14.5 percent and
>>> an overall poverty rate more than three times the national average.
>>>
>>> Sparkman, a Boy Scout leader and substitute teacher who was
>>> supplementing his income as a part-time census field worker, was
>>> found
>>> Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest .
>>>
>>> Police said Thursday that the preliminary cause of death was
>>> asphyxiation. Authorities said Sparkman, who a friend said had been
>>> treated for cancer, was found with a rope around his neck that was
>>> tied to a tree, but that he was "in contact with the ground."
>>>
>>> The word "fed" had been scrawled on his chest, according to a law
>>> enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because
>>> the official was not authorized to discuss the case.
>>>
>>> Dee Davis, president of the Center for Rural Strategies in nearby
>>> Whitesburg, said the federal government has done "precious little"
>>> in
>>> Clay County other than building a federal prison in Manchester in
>>> the
>>> 1990s. But he is not aware of any deep-seated hatred of the