C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cheryl Kloss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:14:35 -0500
John,

I don't want to scare you...but our son started experiencing left sided weakness in April/May of 2008...by time we got the MRI done (November of 2008)...long list of problems getting it done...he was diagnosed with a bleed into the spinal cord which resulted in central cord degeneration...the bleed was secondary to a spinal stenosis C4-C6.  He now is medically classified as a C4-C6 quad...with dystonic storms.  He is slowly losing his fight to live due to the central spinal cord degeneration...is totally bed ridden at this point...and in intractable pain much of the time.  This could have all been prevented had someone taken me seriously...and had the appropriate test been done when I first saw the onset of new problems.  For our son it is too late...however, I cannot emphasize loudly enough to scream from the rooftops if that is what it takes to get your daughter the care she needs and deserves.  In our case, it was physicians who didn't understand the real risk of what "might" be going on...

I guess what I am saying is follow your instincts...and realize that time may be of the essence.

Cheryl Kloss