C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:29:36 -0400
7bit
From:
ehthiers <[log in to unmask]>
Do I really want to wake up before the election?

Vocational Rehabilitation works with people with disabilities on job
selection and retention, is a person capable of the job (vocation),
reasonable accomadations, equipment, etc  They usually won't get involved
with children until middle to high school depending on your state.
Occupational therapy deals with human occupation.  What keeps you occupied,
selfcare, school, work, play, etc.  Ability in people with cp varies, there
are very few forms that are will totally restrtict a person.  There is
countless technology to improve function in school etc.  Don't let the
school system ever underestimate what he can do.  People with cp can drive,
run computers, create, be doctors, even OT's, etc.
You're questions are what every parent asks about there child with a
disability.  Tow trucks are cool with lots of levers, keys are neat because
they open doors and treasures, and shoes are needed by everyone.  Indulge
the fantasy, let him sell you shoes and make him add up the price, let him
put keys into a lock (it's great fine motor practice),  and remember trucks
can be adapted.

Beth t. the OT