From:
Joan Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 10:41:17 -0400

We will be vacationing in the Canadian Maritimes (Nova Scotia, Southern
New Brunswick, Prince Edward Isle, and Cape Breton) in July. Any tips
you all can give on places to eat/stay/food shop in any of these areas
would be very helpful. Also do any of you know the rules about bringing
food across the boarder (from US to CA)?? We will be driving up from PA
and will have a car the entire trip so we are pretty flexible. Also do
any of you know whether there is a list or set of lists out there about
food products in Canada. For example, certain brands (e.g. edy's ice
cream) do a good job of  labelling their food, so you can determine it's
status, but I am not sure if these brands are the same in Canada. We
will probably plan to do some grocery shopping for lunches/breakfasts
(unless there are some GF friendly bed and breakfasts there). So I am
just wondering how to find out which products are GF in Canada? Thanks
in advance for your help.