From:
Sharon Bittner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Bittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:04:35 -0400

The Gamble Mill Tavern in Bellefonte (20 minutes away) was a fun gluten free dining experience, I had a delicious goat cheese salad and my husband had the yellow fin tuna for appetizers but we can't remember our entrees, sorry.  Everything was delicious and gluten free...a reservation might be needed for this restaurant.

The Penn Stater Conference Hotel had 2 great options:  we had breakfast both days in The Gardens Restaurant where I enjoyed delicious gluten free and dairy free omelets and my husband enjoyed their buffet (with the gluten free options).  We also enjoyed burgers in their Legends restaurant, and they understood our need for gluten free there as well, everything was delicious, we would definitely recommend this pub.

Golden Wok on College Avenue, they promised us gluten free food but we found worms on the steamed broccoli and I was sick for 2 days after eating there, not sure if it was a gluten response or just a digestive (!) response to unwashed food, but needless to say we would not recommend it for obvious reasons!

I visited there about a year ago and had a wonderful dinner at The

Tavern.  Just call them a day ahead or early in the day and they will be

prepared.  They were well acquainted with the gluten free meal.  There is a

nice health food store just outside of town on College Avenue extended that

had some items I hadn't found elsewhere.  Also don't miss Wegman's for

gluten-free food stockup.

If I were in State College, I would not miss the opportunity to eat at the

Outback!

Qdoba Mexican Grill - go on their website and print out the gluten free menu

because they did not have a copy in State College. The restaurant manager

was really nice though and went on the computer in the office and printed

one for me.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Chili's Grill and Bar

*******