From:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:20:20 -0400

My doctor prescribed Melarone and I called manufacturer re GF status
( made by Glaxo-Kline Smith).  Initially they said it was GF, but
would not reveal the source of the
sodium starch glycolate to me.  They stated that according to "FDA
regulations" they could only give that information to a pharmacist.
That's the first time I've heard that, since
many other companies have been willing to give me that information!

I called my pharmacist and he called GSK, who then told him the source
could be either wheat, corn, rice, or potato.  Has anyone ever used
this medication?  And, if
so, did you have any problems?    I appreciate all your help!

Sue