C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 15:01:59 -0400
Cindy,

I also looked into OVR as a senior in high school in hopes of getting
some help paying for college.  At least then (1991) they paid 80% of
your financial need.  But even though we were a one-income family,
very middle class, my need was determined to be 0...and 80% of 0 =
nada.  What all that paperwork and physical and a couple meetings did
get me, though, was "preferential" registration rights so I was
registering for classes as a freshman when the seniors could register
so I always got the classes I needed.  That saved my family a lot of
money and I graduated with 27 EXTRA credits in four years. :)  So,
the OVR route did help me, indirectly, financially, even though they
didn't give me a penny directly.

Linda Macaulay

MAX Audio-Video
717-898-2920 (office)