From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 15:48:47 -0400
I suspect this is some kind of micro-management that's totally unnecessary,
but it's hard to follow exactly what you're doing. Any app is constrained by
the boot OS, so I don't understand at all.
When I tell Ntbackup to backup, differentially, my Docs, for instance, I
know it's going to always do the same thing.
Same with Acronis for imaging-I tell it to image the boot drive, and it does
so.
No more questions.

> About the drive letters...
> I'm not just concerned about Windows.  I have many shortcuts and address
> references everywhere in my system, in my own stuff (for one example, my
> DATA backup app cherry-picks certain configuration & settings files from
> drive C for re-restoring current info over an older restored image), and I'd
> like to maintain the same disk drive letters, with C as my system drive, D
> as documents and data, E for backups, F for images, etc..  IF my system
> boots to some letter other than C, CAN I change it in windows disk
> management without unpleasant repercussions?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com