From:
Joseph Berne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:22:08 -0500
I'm sorry, but why on earth would you say "I can only use cordain as my
source?"  Is he the only scientist you believe for some reason?  You have an
internet connection, go to pubmed and look up some articles.  Why assume
Cordain is infallible?

I've done a decent amount of research on this issue.  I can say pretty
confidently that in the context of the SAD fruits and vegetable intake seems
to prevent bone calcium losses.  I can say also that the fact that many
populations have lived long, healthy lives eating diets completely or almost
completely devoid of fruits and vegetables without showing any signs of
osteoporosis.  This makes me suspect that a high fat, high fat soluble
vitamin diet may negate the need for base producing foods (think about the
role of D and K in calcium deposition).  I can't be sure, and the research
on people eating a paleo style diet just isn't available.

--
Visit my Training blog:
http://karateconditioning.supersized.org