C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Hadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 14:12:18 -0400
She sounds as though she has so many of the "typical" brain-injured
symptoms - yet significantly magnified from my daughter's presentations.
(Plus a few we haven't experienced.)  My daughter had a stroke in-utero.

Not to make light of your situation at all, but don't you wish there
were a real doctor like the main character on "House" (tv show)?
Someone (besides us parents) who wanted to really get to the root of the
issues our children face - just to solve it?  Short of signing up for a
medical study involving her symptoms (probably not all of them), you may
not be able to get someone to look at her collective symptoms and state,
"Why, she has ____".

Sorry if I sound discouraging - the whole state of the medical field
versus financial crunch just hurts.